Paramount on Parade
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Paramount on Parade is an American musicam movie released on 22 april 1930, produced by Paramount Studios, starring Clive Brook as Sherlock Holmes and with no Watson. 102 min. Black & White.
This is an all-star revue divided in 20 sequences. Among these, one is called Murder Will Out featuring the detective.
Cast of the "Murder Will Out" sequence
- Sherlock Holmes : Clive Brook
- Philo Vance : William Powell
- Fu Manchu : Warner Oland
- Sergeant Heath : Eugene Pallette
- Fu Manchu's Victim : Jack Oakie
- Thug : Mischa Auer
- Directors : Dorothy Arzner, Otto Brower, Edmund Goulding, Victor Heerman, Edwin H. Knopf, Rowland V. Lee, Ernst Lubitsch, Lothar Mendes, Victor Schertzinger, A. Edward Sutherland, Frank Tuttle, Elsie Janis
- Producers : Adolph Zukor, Jesse L. Lasky
- Screenplay : Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Cinematography : Victor Milner, Harry Fischbeck
- Music : Howard Jackson