Sherlock Holmes: The Death & Life
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Sherlock Holmes: The Death & Life is a British one-man play written by David Stuart Davies and directed by Gareth Armstrong, premiered in 2008 at Yvonne Arnaud Theatre (Guildford, UK), starring Roger Llewellyn playing Sherlock Holmes.
The play has toured from 2008 to 2014.
Conan Doyle has grown tired of his detective creation and employs the services of a certain mathematical professor to bring about his demise, but things do not go as the author intended and Sherlock Holmes learns of his true nature. Sherlock Holmes: the Death and Life is a light-hearted fantasy, illustrating the conflict between an author's intentions and the rebellious personalities of his literary creations.
- Sherlock Holmes : Roger Llewellyn
- 2008 : Yvonne Arnaud Theatre (Guildford, UK) Premiere
- 24-29 november 2008 : Tabard Theatre (London, UK)
- 18 december 2009 : Borough Theatre (Abergavenny, UK)
- 17 april 2010 : Harrow Arts Centre (Hatch End, UK)
- 25-26 october 2013 : Key Theatre (Peterborough, UK)
- 28-30 november 2013 : Yvonne Arnaud Theatre (Guildford, UK)
- 20 february 2014 : The Riverfront Theatre and Arts Centre Kingsway (Newport, UK)