Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Jersey Lily
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Sherlock Holmes and The Case of the Jersey Lily is an American play written by Katie Forgette in 2008. The play was premiered in Malvern (PA, USA) on 18 june 2008 starring Peter DeLaurier as Sherlock Holmes and Mark Lazar as Dr. Watson, and since performed more than 50 times in USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
The cunning of Sherlock Holmes and his stalwart partner, Dr. John Watson, meet the wit of Oscar Wilde and the lovely, charming actress, Mrs. Lillie Langtry, as they seek to solve a mystery in this exciting new play involving blackmail, theatre, love... and Holmesian villains aplenty.
Acts & Scenes
The setting is in 1894 and the action takes place in London.
- Scene 1 : Day 1 - Evening: Lillie's Dressing Room at the Lyceum Theatre
- Scene 2 : Day 2 - Late Morning: Sherlock Holmes' Sitting Room
- Scene 3 : Day 2 - Evening: Lillie's Sitting Room
- Scene 4 : Day 3 - Afternoon: Professor Moriarty's Basement Office
- Scene 5 : Day 3 - Early Evening: A Park
- Scene 1 : Day 3 - Evening: The abandoned Hamilton Gas Works
- Scene 2 : Day 3 - Late Evening: Sherlock Holmes' Sitting Room