The Hound of the Baskervilles (play 2012 with Gwynfor Jones)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
The Hound of the Baskervilles is a British play written by Clive Francis and directed by Kevin Shaw, performed by The Oldham Coliseum Theatre company with special effects by Imitating The Dog company, originally at the Lawrence Batley Theatre (Huddersfield, UK) from 12 to 17 march 2012 and toured until 19 may 2012 in UK, starring Gwynfor Jones as Sherlock Holmes and Leigh Symonds as Dr. Watson. 135 minutes.
A giant screen provides the backdrop with projected images and video and sliding doorways cleverly used to take us from Holmes' Baker Street study to the wilds of Dartmoor...
The story is an adaptation of the Conan Doyle's novel: The Hound of the Baskervilles.
- Sherlock Holmes : Gwynfor Jones
- Dr. Watson : Leigh Symonds
- Stapleton : Steven O'Neill
- Sir Henry Baskerville : Robin Simpson
- Mrs. Hudson / Mrs. Barrymore / Beryl Stapleton : Amy Ewbank
- Director : Kevin Shaw
- Playwright : Clive Francis
- Scenography : Pete Brooks
- Lighting Design : Andrew Crofts, Andrew Quick
- Video Design : Simon Wainwright
- 12-17 march 2012 : Lawrence Batley Theatre (Huddersfield, UK)
- 17-21 april 2012 : The Dukes (Lancaster, UK)
- 25-28 april 2012 : Harrogate Theatre (Harrogate, UK)
- 30 april - 5 may 2012 : Theatre Royal (Windsor, UK)
- 17-19 may 2012 : Buxton Opera House (Buxton, UK)