The Woman in the Big Hat
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S01E08 The Case of the Dixon Torpedo||S01E10 The Affair of the Tortoise >>|
The Woman in the Big Hat is the 9th episode in season 1 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 15 november 1971. 50 min.
Lady Molly Robertson-Kirk is a fictional character created by baronness Orczy in 1910.
- Catherine Lacey (Mrs Steinberg) also played the woman in wheelchair in the movie The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes in 1970.
- Peter Bowles (inspector Sanders) also played Joseph Harrison in episode The Naval Treaty of the TV series Sherlock Holmes with Peter Cushing in 1968.
- Elizabeth Weaver (Elizabeth Löwenthal) also played Lady Beatrice Falder in episode Shoscombe Old Place in the TV series Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett in 1991.
- Melinda Churcher (Annie) was also the acting coach in the movie Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. in 2009.
When a customer slumps over dead in a tea shop, Lady Molly of the Yard searches for the mystery woman who had been seated at his table. However, she runs into resistance from the dead man's family, who show little interest in solving the crime.
- Lady Molly : Elvi Hale
- Mary Grandard : Ann Beach
- Katie Harris : Una Stubbs
- Lady Irene : Frances White
- Mrs Steinberg : Catherine Lacey
- Inspector Saunders : Peter Bowles
- Elisabeth Löwenthal : Elisabeth Weaver
- Frau Mathis : Margot Boyd
- Sally Anne : Tricia Thorns
- Lucy : Rosalind Lloyd
- Maud : Audrey Murray
- Shop Assistant : Lucretia Burgess
- Annie : Melinda Churcher
- Director : Alan Cooke
- Screenplay : Alan Cooke
- Producers : Jonathan Alwyn, Lloyd Shirley
- Music : Robert Sharples