To Kill a Canary
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
To Kill a Canary is a British play written by Keith Digby and John Clark and directed by Ian McFarlane, performed from 17 to 27 september 2014 at Kenton Theatre (Henley-on-Thames, UK), starring Peter Land as Sherlock Holmes and Nigel Fairs as Dr. Watson.
To Kill A Canary tells the tale of the hunt for the killer of three women working in a munitions factory — known as the Canary girls — whose bodies have been mutilated in a way similar to the victims of Jack the Ripper. Holmes and Watson are called in to solve the crime and prevent morale among the girls doing key war work collapsing.
- Sherlock Holmes : Peter Land
- Dr. Watson : Nigel Fairs
- Walter Sickert : William Brand
- Claire Lambert : Victoria Tyrrell
- Rose Gordon : Justine Powell
- Illusionist : Neil Henry
- Director : Ian McFarlane
- Playwright : Keith Digby, John Clark
- Producer : Edward Simons, Kent Walwin
- Set Designer : Jason Denvir
- 17-21 september 2014 : Kenton Theatre (Henley-on-Thames, UK)
- 24-27 september 2014 : Kenton Theatre (Henley-on-Thames, UK)